bots for the back office
You likely already utilize physical robots to produce your products. Now meet the bots that will modernize your back office, too.
more time for innovation
Keep your vendors and employees happy with RPA that processes payables in a fraction of the time.
With RPA in inventory management, you’ll have more accurate COGS. That means better decision making and a healthier bottom line.
automation for more agile management
Manufacturers have more to manage than just the production floor. They also juggle labor and other time-intensive management processes, like procurement, inventory, and payment processing. With RPA, manufacturers can streamline processes with solutions like data management and bot assistants, saving you time and money.
automated invoice processing
bill of lading
Because of the large volume of raw materials needed to produce their goods, manufacturers must typically process a disproportionate number of invoices when compared to other industries. The process of validating these invoices against purchase orders and the subsequent manual entry of data into accounting systems is time consuming and can cause delays in payment to vendors.
An RPA bot can accomplish the accounts payable process by:
- Check inboxes and download invoices
- Review and extract invoice data from PDFs or other document formats
- Compare data to one or multiple purchase orders and verify to be paid in accounts payable systems
- Create a “human in the loop” task when it detects exceptions or when more data is needed
Efficient automated invoice processing of accounts payables provides immediate benefit to your business with:
- A reduction in employee time required to complete the process
- Time spent processing payments instead of tedious data entry
- Timely payments to suppliers
Managing BOLs is tedious and time consuming for manufacturers handling this process manually. Using a human workforce can make shipment tracking, verifying costs, and extracting the data needed to calculate cost of goods sold slow and prone to error.
Utilize RPA bots to:
- Read, extract, and reconcile data from BOLs
- Enter container data to internal systems and track shipments
- Verify shipping costs and calculate per container and per unit
- BOL management is completed in a fraction of the time with RPA, saving your company FTEs that are better utilized elsewhere.
- True cost of goods sold calculated faster and with a much higher degree of accuracy.
- Better analytics result in better decision making.
make the most of your investment
Your manufacturing organization’s operation is only as efficient as its business processes, and the success of those business processes depends on a robust SAP system to help streamline them.
While SAP implementations might come with a hefty price tag, with RPA integrated with SAP, the overall ROI is priceless. Make the most of your SAP investment and take your organization to the next level by automating common repetitive end-to-end manufacturing processes such as:
- Monitoring and reporting inventory levels
- Sales and purchase order entry
- Production and supply planning
- Financial reporting
- Inbound/outbound planning
RPA seamlessly integrates with any existing SAP system, so your operation will experience minimal disruption for maximum efficiency. Plus, with RPA for manufacturing:
- Reduce operational costs
- Provide a better customer experience
- Improve employee productivity by releasing employees from time-consuming tasks, allowing them to focus on higher-value work
SAP Insider found in a recent study that many business leaders share the same objectives for adopting an RPA strategy. They include:
58% integrating automation across both SAP and non-SAP systems
40% standardizing processes as part of S/4 HANA migration
40% deploying bots to automate processes for greater efficiency